This kit contains an over-sized Release Bearing to accommodate a
transmission bearing retainer repair sleeve that is also included with
the kit. The only other way to repair a worn retainer on this
transmission is to replace the entire transmission case.
This item is a Phoenix Friction Stage 2 Kevlar Street Performance Clutch Kit. The kit features an OE Pressure Plate and a Phoenix Friction high heat Kevlar spring dampened disc. This Kevlar clutch guarantees a chatter free engagement, and is without a doubt the smoothest engaging clutch on the market today. It will provide up to a 20% increase in engine torque capacity over the OE clutch. At the same time, you will not notice any increase in pedal effort over the stock clutch. Since there are no metal or abrasive particles in the friction material, Kevlar significantly reduces flywheel wear, and provides 300% longer life than that of original equipment under normal driving conditions. Note: Kevlar is a high tech material that needs up to a 1000 mile break in period to properly seat for optimum performance.
A Phoenix Stage 2 Kevlar product is a direct factory fit and requires no modifications for installation.
- We use only quality clutch components that are engineered to function as a matched set and work the way they should with the rest of the driveline components
- Our kits contain all new components
- They have been designed to be a direct replacement for the original equipment components used when the vehicle is new
- All the components we use are manufactured and tested to the Original Equipment specifications of the major automobile manufacturers
- We warrant that all products are free from defects in workmanship and materials
- Expert toll-free technical assistance is available
Other available clutch kits for this vehicle:
07-078S Organic, Engine Torque Capacity = 235 lb.ft., 275HP
07-078S.3C Ceramic, Engine Torque Capacity = 340 lb.ft., 395HP
9-3/4" x 20T x 7/8"
|Kit Includes: Pressure Plate, Clutch Disc, Repair Sleeve for Transmission Bearing Retainer, Over-Sized Release Bearing, Alignment Tool|
|Engine Torque = 285 lb-ft., 335HP|
Refer to the technical bulletin TB011 regarding the installation of a steel wear sleeve on the aluminum bearing retainer.
Technical Bulletins are shown to provide you with additional information that may affect the installation of this clutch part in your vehicle. The bulletin does not indicate that the part you are looking to purchase is compromised in any way. These bulletins are often generated by the original vehicle manufacturer or the original clutch manufacturer and are intended to make the installer aware of issues that may affect the performance of the clutch system.
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1989 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid - Note: Must use 1991 Flywheel
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1990 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid - Note: Must use 1991 Flywheel
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1991 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1992 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1993 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1994 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1995 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1996 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V6 3.0L 182cid
- Clutch Kits - Street Performance: 1996 - Ford - Taurus SHO - V8 3.4L 207cid VIN N
To see expedited shipping options, enter your "ship-to" info on the left. International customers: Just choose your country and enter your postal code. Ignore the State/Province selection.
Regular Price: $461.29
On Sale For: $271.39
Availability: In stock
Regular Price: $745.89
On Sale For: $438.79
Availability: In stock